High-quality, specific and cost-effective solutions
for reactive power compensation and harmonic
problems of conventional loads.
- Power factor correction
- Voltage regulation improvement
- Increases transfer capability of transmission systems
- Decreasing network losses
- Transmission and Distribution Systems
- Mining Industry
- Cement Industry
- Railway Transmission Systems
- A type of controllable saturated reactor used for shunt compensation
- Can be connected directly to HV levels without step-up transformer
- Used with fixed capacitor/harmonic filter banks to control reactive power flow
- Same functionality with SVCs
- Compared to TCR:
- Lower cost
- Lower harmonic distortion, <3%
- Reduced installation footprint
- Easier maintenance
MCR How it works?
- A steel magnetic core with the main and
- Main winding is connected to HV grid
- The control winding is fed by power electronically controlled rectifier.
- Controlled rectifier provides a variable dc superposed magnetization current to control inductive susceptance of reactor.
Aras Electricty Distribution Company
6 cities (HQ at Erzurum) in the east of Turkey
High penetration of hydro and solar power plants
Voltage regulation and reactive power penalty problems
Magnetically Controlled Reactors at 26 distribution substations
More than 5 Mio USD penalty avoided in two years